As you know, I only use cruelty free products. So I figured it would be fun to make my own! This evening, my boyfriend Dan and I made our own lip balm. He did most of the work while I observed (hey, I’m bad with measuring and eye-ing things!). I’ll eventually contribute more.
Anyway, here’s how to do it:
- Gather the ingredients
- NOW solutions natural avocado oil
- JASON vitamin E skin oil
- Sun Essentials eucalyptus oil (you can use the essential oil of your choice)
- Leven Rose jojoba oil
- Milliard candelilla wax
2. Combine the avocado oil and jojoba with the candelilla wax and set the cup down into a saucepan filled with a couple inches of water to create a makeshift double boiler. Heat the water over medium-low heat until everything melts together!
3. Add the essential oil, vitamin E, and jojoba oil and mix
4. Use a dropper to drop the solution into lip balm tube
5. Place the cap on the tubes, wait a few minutes, and enjoy your home-made, cruelty-free lip balm!
Once we get the hang of it more, we will start creating our own labels as well as other fun products (deodorant, body butter, etc.)!